Wednesday 23 January 2008

Cycle Number 10

Here we go again! Time to board the rollercaster for another bumpy ride into the unknown.

Actually this cycle is a bit of unknown territory, it is a medicated FET cycle. Due to the questionable quality of my eggs I don't usually get any frosties. My only other FET experience was drug-free. This time I have to down-regulate then take prognov@, then, well I don't exactly know - perhaps I should read the information. Boy how things change. At the beginning of this journey I would have read everything I could get my hands on, researched it on the internet and been able to quote the success rates from three major clinics.

Disappointingly, this attitude also seems to have moved into my positivity zone. I find myself thinking of this cycle as a bit of a non-event. If it goes ahead - I only have one embryo - I expect it will fail and then we'll move on to the next stim cycle. My doctor obviously shares my optimism - he's already given the nurse instructions for my next cycle.

I start the syn@rel spray tomorrow. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

LL said...

Good luck, I feel the same about my FET.... It sucks...

Cycle number 10, shite, I hope, hope, hope this is the one for you.

Morrisa said...

Good luck! I hope this is the one!

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Good luck! I do the Progynova/Pessary FET's. Make sure they check your Progesterone levels as the pessaries absorb differently for everyone. Best of luck thawing your embie and I really hope this is finally it for you.

Topcat said...

Hey Evie (it's nicer than calling you 'Evil!') ..... GOOD LUCK!!! Sounds like a plan - and a back up plan.

Wishing you the happiest of outcomes. xoxoxoxo

Rachel said...

Good luck.

The Beauty Junkie said...

Hi, just wanted to say "hello" an good luck to you- Kenya