Tuesday 8 April 2008

Going mental

I do believe I am losing the plot. Last night I started thinking that maybe AF won't come this week after all! Ovulation this month was very distinct when usually it is not. Doc thinks I ovulate each month but the eggs are released too early, and I can never really pick the day. But this time I even experienced some pain and have had loads of odd niggles and twitches. We had lots of mid-cycle sex because any 'sign' or positive feeling must be exploited in this game. Then I forgot about it - until last night. And now its out there.... and won't be put back in. You would think after this long ttc I would be past these sorts of futile fantasies. But no. I mean, honestly! How mental am I?

Apparently not as mental as my cats...... Day light saving ended for us on Sunday, and Supercat and Scaredycat are having some trouble adjusting. DH usually gets up for work around 5am and Supercat's teeny-tweeny bladder is programed only to last until exactly this time. So the last 2 mornings we have been rudely awoken at 3.40 and 4am by desperate meowing at the front door and, standing two feet on each person's hip, in our ears. Supercat has even resorted to some tomcat singing and eventually gotten his own way even though he knows exactly where the [perfectly clean] kitty litter is. I hope they adjust soon or we'll all be headed to the funny farm.

5 comments:

Wordgirl said...

No, you're NOT crazy -- or maybe we BOTH are...I totally understand -- on both fronts...

this is my 49th cycle ttc -- with absolutely no glimmer of hope...and yet every two week wait I am still...OPTIMISTIC.

*sigh* And we have Henry, a very, very fat cat who demands food at 3:30 am. I try my best to ignore him but then I break down and give him what he wants...and then of course he's trained me...

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Yes the good old natural miracle...

Didn't think about the animals when daylight savings ended, lol.

Melanie said...

Your post brought a smile to my face. Hope springeth eternal! Sometimes I even spring those hopes...and then remember I'm on the pill!

sara said...

You're not mental. If so then we're all mental! Timing can drive us nuts, especially when it's so hard to figure out. That's so funny what you said about your cats. My dog had trouble with day light savings time last month. I think she had more trouble adjusting than I did. Good luck this month!

SassyCupcakes said...

I also went mental this month. Serves me right for running out of pee sticks. It certainly shakes you up.

I hope the cats figure out their routines changed soon.