Monday 21 April 2008

My Pal Trigger


Trigger tonight at 8pm!

My ultrasound this morning revealed 30-odd follicles with 4-5 each side between 15 and 20mm. The right ovary has been working much harder than the lazy left which I think was the case last time as well. The original point of this blog was to record things like this but I never seem to keep track of the little, probably really important things like this that I might want to know later. They warn that Synarel can bring on feelings of worthlessness, so its a good thing that my last dose was this morning, because I certainly don't need any assistance in that area thank you very much.

My lining was only 6.3mm which I was disappointed with but the sonographer (is that what they're called?) said that it didn't matter in a stimulated cycle. Why would that be? The juicier the lining the better the odds of implantation - Frozen or stim - right?

Anyway, trigger injection tonight. No meds Tuesday - yippee! Then the big trek into Day Surgery for 8.30am admission on Wednesday. All going well we will have at least 2 blastocysts for Monday. Despite my hesitancy about a multiple pregnancy, because of all the sad stories I have read lately, we have decided that we will transfer 2 embryos if we can. Unfortunately this usually means we won't have any left to freeze, but in the hope of increasing our odds we'll take that risk.

Good luck to everyone else doing egg retrieval this week. May we all get 100% fertilisation rates and picture perfect embryo's.

7 comments:

Wordgirl said...

Good Luck good luck!


I'm right behind you -- well, by probably about a month...but I'll be reading -- I'm a bit anxious about the whole thing myself -- it eases it to know there are others out there on the same path...


Pam

ColourYourWorld said...

Yeah I never understood the lining thing either.

Good Luck !

Morrisa said...

Yay! I think we are on the same schedule, I will most likely be triggering tonight with a Wednesday ER. So glad I will have you as a cycle buddy!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you've triggered! Sending all kinds of positive thoughts for a great ER!!

You must have grown up watching Roy Rogers Saturday mornings, too! Too funny! (I conjured images of the horse Trigger for my last hcg shot, too.) Makes me feel young, 'cause that was really only just yesterday . . .

I'll be watching for your progress. Best of luck!

Bee Cee said...

The very best of luck - hope it all goes fantastically well.

sara said...

I hope your trigger and retrieval go picture perfect! My left ovary is the lazy bum. It's funny how one seems to outwork the other. Wishing you the best of luck!

sara said...

Just wanted to say I hope you're having a great egg retrieval today!