Saturday 3 January 2009

Welcome 2009

The new year has started off with the purchase of big girl panties and a real life maternity bra (only because it was the only soft cup bra I could find in my small town in my size - although having worn it for a day I do believe my size has changed!). My body is tender and so very tired, I have been having nanna naps almost every day. Oh, and DH says don't forget to mention the moods. Thankyou sweetheart - now go away.

I seem to have acquired an aversion to food. I went food shopping yesterday and came home with several varieties of flavoured mineral water, juice, mango sorbet, cherries and grapes, but virtually no real food to speak of. Just a few days ago it was all carbs, carbs, carbs but now bub's taste seems to have shifted to cold and fruity. My parents are coming to stay this weekend. I hope they're not hungry.

I have many hopes for 2009. Not the least of which are for our troops to come home safely from I.raq and Afga.nistan, peace in G.aza, and for the Australian media to get over Pa.risHil.ton and stop clogging our news bulletins (I could care less how much she was paid to attend one party, or spent in one Melbourne shop; lets talk about climate change and stabilising the world's economies). I hope this year is full of excitement and love for all my fellow pregnant bloggers (us Aussie girls are on a roll!) and that this is the year for others who are still waiting. I hope 2009 holds something fabulous for everyone!

2 comments:

Wordgirl said...

I'm so excited for 2009 - it already seems like a good year...


mnn mineral water and cherries -- it sounds like what I buy after I've indulged in too much of G's cookie (ie. salty goodness)

Xo

Love,

Pam

Joonie said...

Actually, this weekend I also went shopping for big girl panties. Up to now I had been squeezing into my pre-pregnancy stuff, it was no longer possible. So I caved and am so much more comfortable.

I hope you enjoy your time with your parents.